Medical Termination of Pregnancy Protocol, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
exp date isn't null, but text field is
- Ensure case-notes and appropriate documentation available.
- Check consent form is signed
- Check certificate A has 2 signatures.
- Ensure confirmed intra-uterine pregnancy.
- Complete paperwork in ICP/electronic record
- Check the patient is sure of their decision.
- Administer mifepristone 200mg PO in accordance with drug kardex. Patient may go home thereafter.
- Advise patient to return to the place of administration if she vomits within 1 hour.
- Ensure advice is given to the patient regarding pain and/or bleeding she may experience over the following 24-48 hours.
- Ensure the patient has the ward telephone number.
- Advise the patient to bring appropriate clothing for admission.
NOTE: this guideline is hosted on the NHSGGC Obstetrics & Gynaecology Handbook website. Clicking on the link below will open the guideline in a new window.
Use the button below to access this resource item.Access this resource